Feats at the feet
Sometimes, we become dull to the things that should knock our socks off. But no worries; we aren’t the only ones who have done this. The very disciples that witnessed many amazing feats and miracles performed by Jesus still had their ‘epiphany’ moment. A few of those miracles that the disciples witnessed are listed below.
- Jesus saved the officials son that was about to die
- a possessed man was delivered by Jesus
- Peter’s mother in law was delivered of a fever that had her bedridden. She immediately rose and fixed food for Jesus and Peter
- Jesus fed 5000 men and their families with five loaves of bread and two fish
- Jesus instructed the disciples to cast their nets again after an all nighter of unsuccessful fishing. They caught enough fish to fill two boats
- Jesus healed a leper
- Jesus healed a Centurion’s servant because the Centurion had great faith.
- Jesus healed a paralytic
- Jesus restored a withered hand
- Jesus rasied a widow’s only son from the dead
- Jesus calmed a raging sea
- Jesus cast 2000 demons into swine and then cast them into the sea to drown (sad day…all that bacon ruined)
- A woman with an issue of blood was healed simply by touching the edge of his clothing
- Jesus raised Jairus’ daughter from the dead
- Jesus healed two blind men, a mute man, and an invalid of 38 years
THEN….Jesus sent his disciples out on the Sea of Galilee in a boat while he went to be alone and pray (his cousin John had just been beheaded). Later that night, Jesus caught up with his disciples by walking on the water towards their boat. At first, his bros were scared, thinking that Jesus was a ghost. Peter called out to him ‘If you are really Jesus, let me walk on the water to meet you.’ and after being beckoned, he walked towards Jesus. Even though his faith faltered a bit, he did walk on water. Then, Jesus and Peter climbed into the boat and the reaction Jesus received was two-fold:
- They worshiped him
- They exclaimed ‘Whoa…you really are the son of God’
Matt 14:32 & 33 When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped. Then the disciples worshiped him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.
These disciples just witnessed first-hand a bunch of amazing miracles and yet they still said Bro..you really are the son of God.
Do you wonder what look Jesus had on his face? Seriously…what did they think and why were they so amazed after witnessing all those miracles first hand?
But they did the right thing…the thing they couldn’t help but to do…they bowed and worshiped at his feet, out of utter amazement and pure joy over who Jesus was (and is). The reality hit them at that moment in time. That same amazement should be ours every day. Even though we know who Jesus is and what he has done, we should still be amazed, in awe and wonder on a regular basis. Let Jesus knock your socks off today.
I hope you are blessed by this different peak at some of the miraculous things Jesus did. Go and be a blessing and be blessed.